Languages and Translations
- Click the Languages tab. By default, your exhibit is in English.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the languages you want represented in the site’s navigation.
This will only control the site’s navigation, not the exhibit’s content. Content must be translated by an admin or curator or using a translation add-on through the web browser.
- Your alternate language selections will appear under Current Languages. You must check the box under Public to allow the user to change the language of the website’s navigation.
- Click Save Changes.
- To provide translations for your page, on the dashboard sidebar, under Curation, click Translations.
- You will be taken to a page where you can provide translations for your metadata fields and content.
- Input translations for each of the fields listed. See the tabs across the top of the page to provide translations for other areas of your exhibit.
- Click on Pages to provide translated content for each of your pages. If a translated page is not provided, it will not show up in your exhibit when the alternate language is selected.
- Click Save changes when you are finished.
Unless translations are provided, a “translation missing” error will show. Feature pages will not show at all unless a translated one is provided.