- Log in to Canvas and go to your Modules page.
- Create a new Module (see "Research Process Module" below).
- Within the Module you would like to add your guide to, click on the small plus icon (+) to Add an Item.
- Select to add an External Tool.
- Select LibraryResearchGuides from the options.
- A URL will appear in the box. Do not change this URL. Click Add Item.
- Next, click on the Item LibraryResearchGuides to go to the LibApps Library Content Selection menu:
- For Content Type you will select from the Guides & Guide Content options: Full LibGuide (a Research Guide), a Single Page (of a guide), or a Content Box (on a page).
- Choose a Guide by name that you want your content to come from. Then, select your content. The example below shows the "Getting Started with Research" Guide, and the Page called "[Step] 5. Organize, Write & Cite."
- Click on the Embed Content button.
The last step is to edit your guide name and have it load in a new window.
- Click on the gear icon on the right and select Edit.
- Give your guide a name [Ex. "Citation Help].
- Click the box to Load in a new tab. The links within the Guide will load and when they close the guide it brings them back to your Canvas class.
- Students will have to click View Content to load the embedded guide, page or box in another window.
You can repeat this process to bring in as many guides as you like to any module or modules. You will follow this process to bring in an entire Full Guide or a Single Page or a Content Box.