As of July 1, 2019 Kanopy titles may be requested for lease by:
- UO faculty for use in a course or research
- GE’s for use in a course
- Graduate students for research
In order to contain costs, UO staff, emeritus faculty, and the general public will not be able to request the lease of a title.
Log in to Kanopy (https://uoregon.kanopy.com/) to search for a film. After clicking on a film in Kanopy, the following form will appear when the library does not have a current lease for the film.
For courses or academic research fill out the request form including the following information in the request message:
- Course name and number for which the film is being requested if applicable.
- If the film is being requested for academic research if applicable.
- Whether a 1 or 3 year lease. If the course is taught regularly a 3 year lease might be preferable.
The request will go to librarians to request access. The library will process the request within 24-48 hours except on weekends and over holidays. If we have questions we will follow-up with the requester.