This guide supports anyone who is interested in learning how to use WordPress for creating their own website to communicate about their digital projects or scholarly activities. It was developed as ancillary material for the WordPress Workshop Series offered by UO Libraries Digital Scholarship Services Department.
The WordPress for Digital Humanists Workshops cover the following topics in sequential order:
- Reasons for using WordPress for digital projects and scholarly communication
- Getting started with WordPress - setting up the website on the UO Blogs, using the WordPress Dashboard, adding pages, menu and posts.
- Adding content to your website - uploading images, adding text, embedding videos and documents.
- Making your website accessible - basic accessibility considerations - colors, contrast, font size, alt tags
- Customizing the website - introduction to the basic drag &drop page building (DIVI builder)