Use more general terms for books than the more specific terms needed for searching for articles.
LibrarySearch finds articles and many other formats besides books.
- To limit to books, click on 'e-books' or 'print books' under 'Resource Type' on the left side. NOTE:
- You may have to click on "More options" to see books.
- To select both print books and e-books at the same time, click on "More options" and then click the boxes under "Include" for e-books and print books.
You may get more or better results if you do a Subject Heading search for a broad term. To do a subject heading search, select Subject from the pull-down menu to the left of the search box on the library home page or in Advanced Search. You also can click on the subject heading links in the "details" display for a book that you like, to get more like it.
Here is a small selection of potentially useful subject headings:
- [Topic] - Environmental aspects (e.g. "Free trade - Environmental aspects")
- Climatic changes (used for Climate change); also Global temperature changes
- Conservation of natural resources (or [Name of resource] - Conservation)
- Endangered species
- Environmental economics
- Environmental law, International
- Environmental justice
- Environmental policy
- Environmental policy -- [name of country]
- "Environmental policy -- International cooperation" looks particularly relevant to this course
- [Topic] - Government policy (e.g. "Logging - Government policy")
- Green movement (used for Environmental groups; Environmental movements)
- [Topic] - Political aspects (e.g. "Power resources - Political aspects")
- Political ecology
- Pollution (or narrower terms: Air pollution, Water pollution, etc.)