Use these sources to identify writings or organizations relevant to particular planning topics and issues:
- CPL Bibliographies. [Z5942.C69]
This ongoing series by the Council of Planning Librarians has been indexed in:
- Comprehensive Index...1958-1978 DOCUMENTS REFERENCE [Z5942.C65]
- Annotated Bibliography and Index...1979-1989 [Z5942.C69 no. 253]
- Annotated Bibliography and Index...1990-1995 DOCUMENTS REFERENCE [Z7164.R33D74 1995].
Since 1996 the bibliographies have been published in the Journal of Planning Literature (below).
- Journal of Planning Literature. DOCUMENTS REFERENCE [HT165.5.J68]
This is the primary continuing bibliography of planning books and articles. Since 1995 it has included the CPL Bibliography series (above).
- Information Sources in Urban and Regional Planning: a Directory and Guide to Reference Materials; DOCUMENTS REFERENCE [Z5942.D87 1994]
Edward E. Duensing. This contains a useful listing of planning-related organizations, professional societies and trade associations.