Skip to main content
Facts, Figures, & Data
- Ethnologue: Languages of the World; P 371 .E83 1996 Knight Reference
"The Ethnologue tries to bring together the best information available on the languages of the world." (publisher's web site) Also on the Web at http://www.ethnologue.com/web.asp
- The MLA Language Map uses data from the 2000 United States census to display the locations and numbers of speakers of thirty languages and three groups of less commonly spoken languages in the United States.
- UNESCO Atlas of the World's Languages in Danger
- California Language Archive A catalog and online archive of the indigenous languages of California, western North America, and the Americas
- World Atlas of Language Structures (WALS) is a large database of structural (phonological, grammatical, lexical) properties of languages gathered from descriptive materials (such as reference grammars) by a team of 55 authors. http://wals.info/