Skip to main content
How to Use This Guide
- Brainstorming Keywords (Search Terms): Before you begin searching for articles on your topic, you will need to select search terms (keywords) based on your topic. Follow the steps on this page to begin identifying keywords you can use when you begin using databases.
- How to Search a Research Database: Academic Search Premier is one research database available from the UO Libraries. Watch the video on this page to learn how to search this database to begin locating articles for your research papers.
- Placing Interlibrary Loan Requests: Sometimes the UO Libraries does not own the article you need for your research papers. You can place an interlibrary loan request for the article and we will find a library with access and provide you a copy for free.
- Creating Citations Using APA Style: You will need to cite each article you mention when you are writing your paper. This page provides you with information on how to create in-text citations and reference page citations using APA style.
- Avoiding Plagiarism: Giving credit to ideas, quotes and information you found in articles is important when writing papers. Learn more about plagiarism and how to avoid it on this page.